Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wednesday Weigh In - 10 weeks post partum



Starting Weight: 36 weeks pregnant - with twins! 194 lbs
Last Week's Weight: 156.8 lbs
Current Weight: 155.4 lbs

Starting BMI: 32.3
Last Week's BMI: 26.1
Current BMI: 25.9

1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal:

I'm 5'5", and my goal weight is 140 lbs. I have 15.4 lbs to go.

It seems to be an ongoing theme, but I'm shocked that I lost this week.  I'm still not always making the best choices with food, but I guess I am often enough to balance out the MANY cheats.


2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals:

Progress on last week's activities:
Eat a healthy dinner 5 days a week: 4/5.

Healthier snacking: Not so much.  It's the snacking that's killing me.  We don't have much junk food left in the house, so at least there's not much left to tempt me.

Use the treadmill or exercise DVD 3 times a week:  2/3.  We've been having an unseasonably warm snap, so I was able to take the babies for a couple of walks, and I'd say we went for about a mile each time.  It's a pretty flat route, but I'm obviously getting an added workout pushing the double stroller.


Activities & goals for this coming week:
Eat a healthy dinner 5 days a week.

Healthier snacking.

Use the treadmill or an exercise DVD 3 times a week.
I decided to start using our grocery stores online delivery service.  I had been spending my "free" time Friday evenings doing the grocery shopping, but this way I'll actually get to use this time on myself, and since I won't be wandering the aisles it'll cut down on impulse shopping.

I'm giving up junk food for Lent.  Say what you will, us Catholics seem to have the market cornered on guilt.  If I were to say I was just giving up junk food in general, I'd be eating Oreos by the time Ellen was on this afternoon.  But giving it up for Lent?  That's a whole different ballgame.  I swear it doesn't even taste as good if I'm cheating during Lent.

On-going Life Style Goals:
Drink 8oz every time I sit down to nurse or pump:
Not a problem.

Make healthier meal and snack choices:
The food is all purchased and in the house, I just need to get better about choosing them!

Make time for myself:
In order to be a good mom to my kids, I need to take care of myself. I know this, but I'm having a hard time executing it.

Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.
Menu planning is obviously a huge factor in weight loss.  I found this site on Pinterest, and I think I'm going to start using meals from there on the nights I'm not using meals from our freezer.

2 comments:

  1. I keep feeling shocked that I've lost again as well!! Way to keep with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are still on the right track. Breastfeeding has to help with your weight loss, you burn so many calories by doing it.

    I'll have to check out that sight for meal planning. My meal planning looks more like: open fridge, put something together that won't taste like crap, hope the husband doesn't complain.

    ReplyDelete