Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Exercise Fail

I have never been an exercise class kind of girl.  I know Zu.mba, Card.io Pump, barre classes, etc have been all the rage, but I just can't get into them.  I've tried a few here and there, but I much prefer a pair of sneakers and the ground beneath my feet. 

This year, however, with 2 newborns in the middle of winter, I knew the open road would have to wait.  And since there's only so much I can take of the Dreadmill, I asked my husband for a Zum.ba disc for our game console for Christmas.  I figured everyone in the world raves about the classes, how hard can it be?

Hard.  OMG, so ridiculously difficult.  I am easily one of the least coordinated people you'll ever meet, but I figured that wouldn't be an issue with a game.  No class to keep up with, no teacher correcting my form.  Unh uh. They start with a simple back and forth step, and before you know it they've got you crossing feet and moving around, and I'm still trying to master the back and forth.  I looked like one of the dancing hippos in Fanta.sia.  Except even they would've done better than me.

So back in the box it goes.  And back to the treadmill I go.  How many days till spring?

1 comment: