As a new blogger, it's tough finding my spot in the blog world. As a new mom after infertility? Nearly impossible. I don't always feel like I fit in with the typical "mommy bloggers", having taken a completely different path to motherhood. But I also find myself treading lightly among the infertility bloggers, because it wasn't that long ago I was in their shoes. I remember, all too well, how much it hurt to be surrounded by pregnant women and moms. As happy as I was when someone who had struggled with infertility brought home a child, there was always a feeling of "why not me? When is it my turn?"
Enter Elpheba and Josey, 2 blogs I discovered during my pregnancy this summer. While I didn't start my blog until very recently, I was an avid reader of their stories. Our pregnancies all followed similar timelines, and I enjoyed keeping up with their journeys. Now that their daughters are here, even these seasoned bloggers found themselves in the same gray area I did - not a mom, not currently struggling with infertility.
And there came the idea for the PAIL blogroll. Pregnant/Parenting after Infertility and Loss. A group of bloggers all in the same middle place, finding other women to identify with. I think it's a great idea, and it's a community I'm very excited to be a part of. Thanks ladies.
Edited to add: And I have no idea how to move that gadget to the sidebar. Any ideas? Seriously, blogging for dummies over here.
Hey there, when you go into layout mode in your dashboard, you should be able to drag the little box that contains the PAIL widget into your sidebar. Just grab it and drag it over. Hope that helps!
ReplyDeletePerfect! Thanks!
Delete